The city of Montreal has a large network of hotel providers at all levels and of all types. Whether you’re looking for a five star rated top of the market internationally known hotel, an independent unique little boutique hotel with specialty services in the Old Port of Montreal or a more traditional mid tier hotel provider for business or tourism Montreal definitely has a hotel to satisfy your needs.
Montreal hotel stay selection can be difficult based on the large number and variety of hotels available. Key factors to take into account when making the decision include the reason for trip. Is it business or pleasure? The answer may dictate what neighbourhood you book in as well as the necessary services and amenities at the hotel.
In Montreal the season is a key variable, getting around the city can take longer in the winter months due to cold weather or snow. Family concerns and price always play a role in hotel selection of course. We recommend tourists stay in the vicinity of the downtown core or Old Montreal since these are the most scenic areas and close to most of the festivals, events, restaurants and other activities tourists may wish to partake in.
Below is a list of 10 of Montreal’s top hotels focused around the Montreal downtown core and the Old Port of Montreal. They are in no particular order but a traveler whether for business or pleasure, family or single can certainly find what they’re looking for in this list.
- Montreal Ritz Carlton (Downtown Montreal)
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth (Downtown Montreal)
- Loews Hotel Vogue (Downtown Montreal)
- InterContinental Hotel Montreal (Montreal Old Port)
- Hotel Nelligan (Montreal Old Port)
- Hotel Place D’Armes (Montreal Old Port)
- W Hotel Montreal (Montreal Old Port)
- Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel (Downtown Montreal)
- Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain (Downtown Montreal)
- Hotel Bonaventure Montreal (Downtown Montreal)