Montreal is a city where you will never lack for activities to take part in regardless of weather, temperature or time of year. Although Montreal is probably best known to outsiders for its myriad events and festivals that take place during the summer months, such as the Montreal Formula 1 Grand Prix auto race and the Montreal International Jazz Festival, Montreal offers an almost unlimited choice of activities to enjoy throughout the year.
In this article we provide a short list of 10 things to do in Montreal primarily in the summer months, because that is the time when most tourists enjoy spending time in our beautiful city.
Without further ado and in no particular order of popularity or importance please find below our brief list of 10 things to do in Montreal mostly in the summer months
1. Attend the Montreal International Jazz Festival.
2. Attend the Montreal Formula One Grand Prix du Canada.
3. Attend the Montreal International Loto Quebec Fireworks Competition.
4. Attend the Montreal Just For Laughs Festival.
5. Visit and stroll through the Vieux Port du Montreal, the Montreal Old Port.
6.Visit the Notre-Dame Basilica in Old Montreal.
7. Visit the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
8. Partake in the fantastic, world class cuisine and Montreal gastronomy scene.
9. Visit the Montreal Botanical Gardens.
10. Attend a Montreal Canadiens hockey game. (We did say ‘mostly’ not only summer months.)
And there you have it. A nice little starter list for 10 things to do in Montreal mostly in the summer months which will give you a good taste of a few of the things that this incredible and unique city has to offer. Enjoy!.