Montrealers love good food, drink, conversation and social interaction on a regular basis. It’s something that is core to the culture of our city. And as with its better known restaurant and bar scene Montreal also has a lively cafe and coffee shop scene with lots and lots of vibrant and unique local independent coffee shops dispersed across the city specialized in serving up delicious coffee in myriad ways.
Serving as a counter balance to the gigantic homogenized and in most cases mediocre mega corporations that have taken over the majority of the coffee business these local Montreal coffee shops and cafes all deliver a great coffee experience in their own unique ways.
Below, in no particular order, is a list of well known and appreciated local independent Montreal coffee shops. Find the one that’s in your neighbourhood and enjoy a good coffee.
Montreal Coffee Shops
- Café Myriade, Three Locations: 1432 Mackay Street (Downtown Montreal), 251 Saint-Viateur Street West (Plateau Mont Royal), 1000 Sainte‑Catherine Street West (Downtown Montreal)
- Cafe Olimpico, 124 St. Viateur Street, Montreal (Mile End)
- Caffe Italia, 6840, Boul. St-Laurent, Montreal (Little Italy Montreal)
- Cafe de Mercanti, Two Locations: 6128 Avenue de Monkland (Monkland Vilage, NDG), 350 Notre Dame East (Old Port of Montreal)
- Caffè in Gamba, 5263 Parc Avenue, Montreal (Mile End)
- Café Saint-Henri, (Multiple Locations) 3632 Notre-Dame Street West Original Location (St Henri)
- Pikolo Espresso Bar, 3418b Parc Avenue (Mile End)
- Crew Collective & Café, 360 St Jacques Street (Old Port of Montreal)
- Café Humble Lion, 904 Sherbrooke Street West, (Downtown Montreal)
- Tommy, 200 Notre-Dame Street West, (Old Port of Montreal)