Montreal the City of Festivals
It is not an exaggeration to call Montreal the City of Festivals. Known for its festive character, friendly culturally diverse population and all around creativity Montreal is a city that appreciates and celebrates the arts in all their forms, and more than likely also has an official festival of one type or another celebrating them.
Montreal Festivals to suit every taste
Whether art, music, theatre, fireworks, or even the art of living as reflected by drinking beer, Montreal is a city of festivals and although they happen with greater frequency in the summer months due to our notoriously tough winters there are plenty of activities happening during those months as well.
In this article we don’t attempt to list all the Festivals happening in Montreal each year, that would require many many pages, we do however list 20 of the top events and festivals that have withstood the test of time, many of these have been going for 30 or more years, and earned their place as some of the top events and festivals in their respective categories not only in Montreal but worldwide.
Without further ado and not in calendar order please find below a list of 20 of Montreal’s most popular and best known annually held festivals and events.
- Montreal International Jazz Festival
- Montreal Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada
- Just for Laughs Comedy Festival Montreal
- Montreal International Beer Festival “Le Mondial de la Bière”
- Montreal International Fireworks Festival
- Osheaga Music and Arts Festival
- Les FrancoFolies de Montreal
- Montreal Festival International Nuits d’Afrique
- Heavy Montreal Music Festival
- Montreal Gay Pride Parade
- Fantasia International Film Festival
- Montreal Comiccon
- Montreal Fashion and Design Festival
- Montreal Carifiesta Caribbean Festival
- Montreal Otakuthon Anime Convention
- Montreal Fringe Fest
- Montreal Mural Festival
- Montreal World Film Festival
- Montreal St Patrick’s Day Parade
- POP Montreal International Music Festival